Shortly about the geology of the Republic of Colombia
- The geology of Colombia consists of five (5) lithographical provinces.
- Three of theses provinces are of oceanic origin, in the centre and east of the country, and two of continental origin, in the centre and west of the country.
- The Pre-Cambrian and Paleozoic metamorphic continental basement have been host to various intrusive events which have given origin to important vein and disseminated gold mineralisation.
- Colombia has two prospective geotectonic and metal-genetic environments - el Guyana Shield and the Andean system - in which exist a high probability of encountering world class deposits.
- The Andean system (related to the Pacific Rim), extends from Argentina to Colombia, where it splits into three ranges. The two most important ranges, metal-gentically, are the Western and Central ranges of the Andes.
More on: http://en.vionto.com/show/me/Geology+of+Colombia
ZDROJ: Trident Gold Corp.
Komentáře k článku. Co si myslí ostatní?