US lacks of information on rehttp://www.enviweb.cz/admin/clanek.php?akce=edit&id=107596#tabs-3cycling
According to a new survey released by the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI), and conducted online by Harris Poll, more than 103 million Americans over the age of 18 must rely on their own devices to figure out what can and cannot be recycled, information about the recycling process, and other details about recycling.
This total represents 44 percent of the adult population. As a result many of these people rely on Internet searches (52 percent), proactively seeking out information from local government sources (21 percent), family/friends (18 percent), or other sources.
"It is deeply troubling to know that almost half of adults do not have access to recycling information," said Robin Wiener, president of ISRI. "When people do not know how, what, or where to recycle, it can lead to trash entering and contaminating the recycling stream. It could also lead to recyclable materials ending up in landfills. Further public education on recycling by municipalities is needed to clear up confusion, promote proper recycling, and thereby increase recycling rates."
Key findings from the survey include:
- Just over half (56%) of Americans say detailed information is readily available to them, while 44% say it's not and that they have to seek it out.
- Overall, 36% of Americans say that they either seek out or are provided with detailed information about recycling from their local government.
- Among those who say detailed information is readily available to them - 49% say it's provided by their local government.
- Among those who have to seek out detailed information - 21% say they go to local government to seek it out.
- Overall, 39% of Americans say that they either seek out or are provided with detailed information from the Internet.
- Among those who say detailed information is readily available to them - 30% say it's provided on the Internet.
- Among those who have to seek out detailed information - 52% say they go to the Internet.
- Whether or not it is provided or sought out, only 6% of respondents received information from local schools.
- Of all respondents, 18% received information from their local garbage man.
Komentáře k článku. Co si myslí ostatní?