zpravodajství životního prostředí již od roku 1999

Pokusná recyklace stavebních sutí v Athénách

Pokusná recyklace stavebních sutí v Athénách

Management of earthquake construction and demolition waste in the municipality of Ano Liosia (Greece)
LIFE00 ENV/GR/000739

On September 7, 1999 at 14:56 local time, a severe earthquake struck Athens and its surrounding areas. Dozens of buildings collapsed, with the most significant damage occurring in the northern suburbs of Ano Liosia, Menidi, Metamorphosi and Thracomakedones, close to the epicentre of the quake.

One of the results of the earthquake's destruction was the creation of vast quantities of demolition waste from structurally unsafe or destroyed buildings.

This project established a demonstration plant to develop environmentally acceptable solutions for re-using and recycling demolition wastes.

Of the 30 000 tonnes of waste processed, 65% was recycled, while the remaining 35% was used as cover material for nearby landfills. The recycled waste consists of inert material such as concrete, bricks, asphalt, glass as well as timber waste, steel, iron, paper aluminium and plastic.

The recycling unit which was created has the capacity to deal with 300 tonnes of this waste per day. The intelligence and experience gathered during this project have been of particular use and relevance to the great number of construction waste management issues which have dominated the run up to this year's Athens Olympics.

For further information visit project results visit the following project website: http://www.life00env739.gr, or read more in the LIFE projects database.

ZDROJ: www.europa.eu.int

Komentáře k článku. Co si myslí ostatní?

Další články
Podněty ZmapujTo

Neboj se zeptat Kam s ním?
Mohlo by vás také zajímat
Naši partneři
Složky životního prostředí