Construction works for Hendek Sewerage and Domestic Wastewater Treatment Plant (pre-qualification)
Tender Date: 4/20/2005
Procedure: International Tender
Loans: Abu Dhabi Fund For Development
Authority: Iller Bankasi Genel Müdürlügü
Address: Iller Bankasi
Atatürk Bulvari No: 21
Phone: 90 312 310 31 41/2709
Fax: 90 312 312 45 77
Description: PREQUALIFICATION NOTICE
The construction works for Hendek (Sakarya) Sewerage and Domestic Wastewater Treatment Plant will be tendered according to the FIDIC (Federation of International Consultants and Engineers) Construction Works Specification. Hereby, the eligible candidates are being invited to the pre-qualification before submitting a bid for the above-mentioned project. The project will be tendered as "Turnkey Bidding-Unit Price Method" among the bidders who will be found qualified after the evaluation of the pre-qualification. The project will be financed by the Abu Dhabi Fund For Development based on the credit agreement signed between the Turkish Republic and the Abu Dhabi Fund For Development.
The project is planned to be implemented in 750 (sevenhundredfifty) calendar days with an additional one year operating period of the wastewater treatment plant and the tender is open to all local candidates and to all foreign candidates in joint venture with local companies, who fulfill the requirements mentioned in the pre-qualification document.
Candidates must fulfill the requirements given below (details can be found in the Pre-Qualification Documents) for their application. It is obligatory ve purchase the Pre-Qualification Document from the General Directorate of Iller Bank.
1) Bank`s Letter in the amount of 4 million dollars and declaration of Financial Status which is to be obtained from domestic and/or foreign banks and shows applicant`s unused cash credit or unused credif for letter of guarantee in banks.
2) It is compulsory that the applicant`s year end balance sheet, which belongs to the year before the year of the tender or the necessary parts of it; in the absence of these, correspondent documents be submitted and all documents have to be competent with the criteria mentioned in the Specification.
3) The applicants shall submit the income table showing their total turnover for the last three years or progress report under their commitment related to the works of the tender, showing the amount of the job that the applicant has completed or such similar documents. The average of the last three years has to be higher than 4 million USDof the applicant for the total turnover and 3,5 million USdollars of him/her for the construction works. It is adequate for the applicants to meet one of these criteria.
4) Documents showing that the applicant is proceeding with his/her professional activities relevant to the sector and documents showing that the applicant himself is authorized to bid.
5) The applicant must give the certificate showing his/her work experience pertaining to a work which is the subject of the tender or to o similar work, that is regarded as being without any fault by the Contracting Entity and which has been performed either in the public or private sector, in the country or abroad within the last fifteen years, and in which the applicant has realized at least % 70 of the cost he will offer.
It is required that the applicant, in the form of work completion or work status, has realized a job according to the criteria given below:
(Based on a single or two contracts) The applicant is required to have realized.
(a) Wastewater and/or Water Treatment Plant with a total construction value of 8 million USD,
(b) 1. sewerage construction including collector, pumping lines and network or including any one of these units or,
2. water supply construction including storage tank, transmission line and network or including any one of these units,
with a total construction cost of 10 million USDfor, provided that at least 3 million USD of the said total cost is for the wastewater treatment or water treatment plant;
6) The similar projects related to this tender (based on a single or two contracts):
1. Construction of wastewater treatment plant or,
2. Construction of water treatment plant or,
3. Construction of sewerage system including treatment plant, network and collector or,
4. Construction of water supply system including treatment plant, network, transmission line and storage tank.
7) The key staff specified in the tender dossier shall be within the body of bidder.
Pre-qualification documents can be seen after the date of announcement (prequalification notice). And it can be supplied from the same address by a fee of 500.- YTL. (500.000.000.- TL).
The documents and annexes forming the pre-qualification application shall be submitted in Turkish and English languages. The documents in languages other than the specified ones, will be valid only with a notarized translation.
The pre-qualification documents shall be submitted to Iller Bank, General Directorate not later than April 20th 2005 at 12:30 pm. The applications will be opened in the meeting of tender commission with tenderers in the meeting room of the Sewerage Department on April 20th 2005 at 14:30 pm. After the evaluation of the pre-qualification documents by the commission, the invitation letter will be sent to eligible bidders for preparation of their bids.
Iller Bankasi Atatürk Bulvari No: 21
Telephone: 90 312 310 31 41/2709
Faks: 90 312 312 45 77
Document Price: YTL 500
Address for Documents: Iller Bankasi Genel Müdürlügü