EBOR - Projekt environmentálního a příslušného technického zlepšení litevské elektrárny (LT-Elektrenai)
This notice cancels and replaces that which was published in the `Supplement to the Official Journal of the European Communities` No S 23 of 2.2.2005, 22424-2005
Lithuania Power Plant Environmental and Related Technical Upgrading: flue gas desulphurisation plant with common facilities for reagent, end-product and waste handling plant(s) and electrostatic precipitators with ormulsion and heavy fuel oil ash-handling plant and orimulsion ash densification
Power and energy
Type of contract:
Supply and installation, goods
Type of notice:
Invitation for tenders
19.5.2005 at 14.00 hrs. Lithuanian time
Lithuania Power Plant Environmental and Related Technical Upgrading: Flue gas desulphurisation plant with common facilities for reagent, end-product and waste handling plant(s) and electrostatic precipitators with orimulsion and heavy fuel oil ash-handling plant and orimulsion ash densification.
This invitation for tenders notice cancels and replaces the notices published on the EBRD`s website on 28.1.2005 and Lithuanian Newspaper, `Lietuvos rytas` on 2.2.2005.
This invitation for tenders follows the general procurement notice for this project, which was published on the web site of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on 17.6.2004 and in the following Lithuanian newspaper, `Lithuanian Weekly` on 1.7.2004.
The tender submission deadline has now been extended to Thursday 19.5.2005 at 14.00 hrs. Lithuanian time.
Because IIDSF Grant funds for the above package will now be available in two phases, the implementation of the FGD contract will be sub-divided into two Parts and carried out by the same contractor. An addendum, with the revised sections of the tender documents will be sent to all parties who have purchased/will purchase the tender documents, as summarised below:
- Part 1 - under Grant Agreement No 005 beginning of 2005 for the period 2005 - 2006 to cover the design of the complete facilities with supply and installation of the facilities for the ESP and FGD at the first LPP Units and Common Facilities necessary to provide uninterruptable operation of the ESP and FGD Plants at the first LPP Units;
- Part 2 - with an Addendum to Grant Agreement No 005 beginning of 2007 for the period 2007-2009 for supply and installation of the remaining parts of the Facilities at the remaining LPP Units and remaining part for completion of the Common Facilities to fulfil the conditions and requirements in the tender documents; and
- Tenderer that do not offer both Parts 1 and 2 shall be treated as substantially non-responsive and rejected accordingly.
AB Lietuvos Elektrine, has applied to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) for a grant from the Ignalina International Decommissioning Support Fund (IIDSF) for financing a project it plans to implement at the Lithuanian Power Plant from 2005 to 2009, as a consequence of the closure of the Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant. AB Lietuvos Elektrine will also commit its own funds to the project and seek additional funds from other sources, including received grant from the National Decommissioning Fund (NDF).
AB Lietuvos Elektrine now invites sealed tenders for the following contract to be funded from part of the proceeds of the Lithuanian Power Plant`s own funds and grants, including IIDSF.
- Flue gas desulphurisation plants with common facilities for reagent, end-product and waste-handling plant(s): and
- Electrostatic precipitators with orimulsion and heavy fuel oil ash-handling plant and orimulsion ash densification.
The proposed contract will require the procurement of the following facilities:
- Engineering, design, supply, disassembling and replacement of equipment, construction, installation, staff training, pre-commissioning, commissioning and all related contractor`s documentation of the investment package.
- Five flue gas desulphurisation plants with common facilities for reagent, end-product and waste handling. End-product has to be gypsum, applicable for civil construction purposes.
- Eight electrostatic precipitators (in case of one electrostatic precipitator on each boiler) or
- Five electrostatic precipitators (in case of one electrostatic precipitator is common for both boilers of each unit) with orimulsion and heavy fuel oil ash handling plant(s) and orimulsion ash densification system.
- Necessary measurements and control equipment. The hardware and software shall be uniform for the facilities and equipped with digital data communication links to units` control systems.
To be qualified for the award of a contract, tenderers must satisfy the following minimum criteria:
- Tenderers shall be registered in accordance with the applicable law of their respective countries;
- Tenderers shall be free of any legal restraints to carry out their operations or having a restraining order issued against them;
- Tenderers have not been declared in bankruptcy or are currently entering bankruptcy proceedings.
Tenderers shall be certified according to ISO9001 or 9002, and ISO14001 or apply another QA system of acceptable standard based on the principles of ISO standards, or equivalent and shall be in possession of the necessary licenses, permits, patents and other documents that will be required for execution of the facilities. For more information on permits, please see Certification Centre of Building Products (Statybos produkcijos sertifikavimo centras - SPSC), www.spcs.lt and State Energy Inspectorate (Valstybine energetikos inspekcija), www.vei.lt.
- Tenderers annual turnover shall be at least EUR 160 000 000, during each of the preceding three years of operation.
Tendering for contracts to be financed from the proceeds of the grant from the IIDSF is open to firms from all eligible countries which as of 24.5.2004, are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, so-called Phare countries: Bulgaria and Romania and the Bank`s Countries of Operations.
The proceeds of the IIDSF grant will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations or under a law of official regulation of the Purchaser`s country.
Tender documents may be obtained from the address below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of EUR 500, (five hundred euro) or equivalent in any convertible currency or local currency by bank transfer to the following bank accounts:
for any freely-convertible currency:
Beneficiary`s Bank: AB Bankas Hansabankas (bank`s code 73000), Lithuania
SWIFT: BIC HABA LT22
Beneficiary`s Account No (IBAN) LT 697300010002624313
Beneficiary: AB Lietuvos Elektrine
Upon request, courier will dispatch the documents promptly, but no liability can be accepted for loss or late delivery. The receipt for payment of the fee to the bank account should be attached to the request for the tender documents.
All tenders must be accompanied by a tender security in an amount equal to EUR 2 000 000, (two million euro), and must be delivered to the address below at or before 14.00 hrs. Lithuanian time on Thursday 19.5.2005 following the opening at 14.30 in the presence of the tenderers` representatives who wish to attend.
An additional pre-tender meeting will be held at the Employer`s office at Site at 21.4.2005 at 10.00 a.m. Lithuanian local time in conjunction with which tenderers will have an opportunity to tour the site.
A register of potential tenderers who have purchased the tender documents may be inspected at the address below.
Prospective tenderers may obtain additional information from, and inspect and acquire the tender documents at, the following office:
Mr Algimantas Jasinskas, AB Lietuvos Elektrine, Elektrines 21, LT-26108 Elektrenai. Tel.: (370) 52 83 37 70. Fax: (370) 52 83 97 33. E-mail: email@example.com.
Mr Algirdas Sepetys, AB Lietuvos Elektrine, Elektrines 21, LT-26108 Elektrenai. Tel. (370) 52 83 32 85. Fax (370) 52 83 97 33. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.