Project: `EMERGENCY WATER SUPPLY, SANITATION & URBAN RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT
Financing: World Bank
Abstract: CONSTRUCTION OF WORKS FOR URBAN REHABILITATION AND UPGRADING OF THE WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM OF BADAWA QUARTER
Sector: Water Supply/Sanitation
Loan/Credit Number: Grant No. TF 054455; Project ID No. P087910
Contract/Bid Number: Contract No. TF054455-W-10-05; Invitation For Prequalification
Deadline: 2 October 2005
This notice appears in UN Development Business online only and not in the printed version. Although this notice is assigned to a specific print issue, the official publication date of this notice is considered the date that it is posted online (see below).
This invitation for prequalification follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in UN Development Business online on 14 October 2004 (and in issue no. 642 of 16 November 2004) and in dgMarket.
The Ministry of Municipalities and Public Works of the Republic of Iraq (hereinafter called “Recipient”) has received a Grant (hereinafter called “Grant”) from the World Bank toward the cost of the Emergency Water Supply, Sanitation and Urban Reconstruction Project. The Borrower intends to apply a portion of the Grant to eligible payments under the contract for which this Request for Proposals (RFP) is issued for the construction of the works needed for the Urban Rehabilitation and Upgrading of the Water Supply System of Badawa Quarter, Erbil, Kurdistan Region.
The Ministry of Municipalities and Public Works of the Republic of Iraq intends to prequalify contractors for the construction of the works comprising (1) paving of a maximum of 275,000 square meters of roads, 6% with concrete and the remaining 94% with asphalt; (2) constructing a storm water network, total length about 16,000 meters comprising pipes and / or culverts; (3) drilling a maximum of 10 meters deep water wells; and (4) extension of water distribution network, approximately 90,000 meters of different pipe diameters and the pump houses.
Applicants shall have strong and proven records in construction and capable of demonstrating sufficient technical, financial and managerial capabilities to undertake the execution of the contract. Applicants shall also have an annual value of construction work not less than US$ 18 million over the last five (5) years, and shall have completed one or more projects in similar complexity and of value not less than US$ 9 million over the last 5 years. It is expected that invitations to bid will be issued in November 2005.
Prequalification will be conducted through prequalification procedures specified in the World Bank’s Standard Procurement Document, Prequalification Document for Procurement of Works, May 2004, and it is open to all bidders from eligible source countries, as defined in the guidelines.
Interested eligible applicants may obtain further information from the Ministry of Municipalities and Public Works of the Republic of Iraq (address below) during official working days from 0900 till 1500 hours. A complete set of the prequalification document may be purchased by interested applicants upon submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of US$ 50. The method of payment shall be in cash or certified check issued to the Strategic Management Office of the Ministry of Municipalities and Public Works of the Republic of Iraq. The document shall be available in printed form and electronic support CD or diskette, and may be collected or sent by electronic mail upon request starting 14th of September, 2005.
Applications for prequalification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address below by 12:00 hours on 2 October 2005. Envelopes should be clearly marked “Application to Prequalify for the construction of Works for the Urban Rehabilitation and Upgrading of the Water Supply System of Badawa Quarter, Erbil, Kurdistan Region TF 054455 – W – 10 - 05.”
Contact: Humam Sh. Sulaiman.
Director, World Bank Project Management Team (WB - PMT).
Ministry for Municipalities and Public Works (MMPW).
PO Box 28428.
Al – Karkh,.
Landline: (964-1) 543-5448.
Mobile Phone: (964) 7901–7442.
Notice Number: WB2757-663/05
UNDB Print Edition: Issue No. 663, 30 September 2005