Belgrade has the reputation of one of the greenest capitals in Europe, because it has large oases of nature both on its outskirts, and in the vicinity of the very center of the City.
In the forests on the outskirts of Belgrade there live dozens of species of rare birds. As the sights of nature, 182 individual trees have been listed and protected in Belgrade. The green assets of Belgrade cover an area of over 4,000 hectares.
The following sights and nature reserves are under special protection:
- "Jevremovac" botanical garden – the sight of nature with over 250 species of trees and 300 herbaceous plants
- Banjička Forest – the ornithological nature reserve of migratory birds
- Veliko Ratno Island – the ornithological nature reserve of migratory birds
- Pioneer Park – protected environs of the Old Palace as the cultural monument
- Kalemegdan – protected environs of the Belgrade fortress and the Zoo
- Topčider and Košutnjak – a cultural and historical complex
- Zemun Town Park – protected environs of the cultural monuments
ZDROJ: Město Bělehrad