Visit Swiss National park (Navštivte Švýcarský národní park)
The Swiss National Park at a Glance:
- Founded in 1914 as one of the first national parks in Europe.
- Aim: The Swiss National Park is a sanctuary in which nature is protected against all interference by men, and the entire flora and fauna are left to their natural development
- Major attractions: Unequaled alpine scenery, re-introduced bearded vulture, golden eagle, capricorn, chamois, stag, marmots, alpine forests and flowers.
- There is only one national park in Switzerland.
- Size: 172.3 km^2 (0.42% of the area of Switzerland)
- Elevation: Between 1400 and 3173 meter above sea level
- Tree line: 2200 meter above sea level (Engadin only, around 1900 meter in the rest of Switzerland)
- 80 km of trails
|1/3 alpine forest
||1/3 alpine meadows
The Swiss National Park (SNP) is located in the very east of Switzerland in the Canton Graubünden
in an area where the local language is Romansh , therefore its official name is "Parc Naziunal Svizzer"
The easiest way to get to the SNP is by railway, then take a coach of the postal service into the park. It takes about 2.5 hours from Zürich to Zernez (one way), see www.sbb.ch for time table and price information. By car, it takes about the same amount of time if the road conditions are perfect, but expect delays due to traffic jams or difficult road conditions, especially in winter.
More on: http://www.about.ch/various/nationalpark/index.html
Komentáře k článku. Co si myslí ostatní?